d

Saturday, July 16, 2016


WHEN DADDY CAN PRAY

Someone shared this article with me on the social media and as a father-to-be, I find it inspirational. I hope you also find it useful.
I could not keep it to myself anymore. I drove all the way to Dad's office and confessed to him I was in love with a young lady.

He asked for her name and description. He kept smiling. We prayed together and trusted God for His leading. Dad did not say a word.

Two days after my wife said "Yes" to my proposal, I told both dad and mum as a birthday gift for him.

Mum smiled and said, "Months earlier when your father went to preach in the Corpers Fellowship, he saw her and the Holy Spirit told him, "Eyi ki a n se iyawo omo re bi?" (Isn't she the wife of your son?). I was the only unmarried son. He kept his fingers crossed till I told him. Yet he did not utter a word but he knew already.

I want to talk to men: You MUST be the priest of your home. Nothing must happen without your knowing. If your wife is the one waking you up for family devotion and setting the pace, something is wrong with you!

You must have charted the course of your children in prayer. Call them by name in prayer and prophecy over them. Bless your wife daily. Lay hands on her before you step out.

What makes a man is far beyond finance and romance- you must be a man of prayer! Nothing must happen in your home until you permit it (not by stubborn conducts but prayers).

Brother, if you are unmarried now and you are not learning to pray, you are living like a spiritual gambler saying "what will be will be"; you better wake up, smell the coffee. Stop sleeping like a log of wood. Wake up at night. Blast in tongues by the Spirit. Take on the Word and confess it. Do not leave your future home to chance. Marriage is not a ludo game.

Fathers and fathers to be, take your place. Build finance. Learn Romance but Exercise your Spirit and take your place.



No comments:

Post a Comment